Friday, August 10, 2012

Here's to you!

Well, it's been a long, hard, uphill run but I've finally made it to official novel status (75,000 words).  At around 2:30 in the morning, I keyed that fateful word.  While this celebration is still in its unspoiled infancy, I'd certainly like to thank some people.

Firstly, I'd like to thank the dozens of people I've sent this work to in all of its various forms.  They put up with my constant hounding, pleading, begging and sometimes my bribery while they read The Hand of Fate.  Without your help, dear people, I would not have continued writing this novel (oh, there's that darling word).  This list of people includes, but is by no means limited to: Adam, Amber, Alex, Cameron, Jenn, Jess, Julie, Luke, Mom, Marisa Schuler, Marisa Von Ruden, Orion, Rachel, Tanya, Travis, and Mr. Yanek.  Many thanks to those of you that I forgot to mention. 

Secondly, I'd like to thank my coffee pot for all the delicious coffee it provided so my late nights didn't feel quite so late.

Thirdly, I'd like to thank Lea Hampton for inspiring me to push on with my novel.  Seeing her delight from finishing her novel gave me strength to continue on. 

Lastly and even though I know they won't ever get to really hear it, I have to thank the characters.  Without their corroboration, I'd have been stuck in Chapter Zero for much longer than what I already was.

While it is not much, I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.

Much love to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you listed everyone in alphabetical order. Congrats on hitting 75,000!

    ReplyDelete