Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Fork in the Road

So, I've posted this on my Tumblr account ( http://nicoleswartz.tumblr.com) but I figured I should at least update both audiences.

I'm at a crossroad here.  Yanek suggested that I get rid of Chapter Zero.  Now, my boyfriend suggests I try another prologue.  I think I'm going to try working a prologue into the manuscript.  The issue I have is that if I put the prologue of sorts in Marius's view, which is what it would have to be, it might mess with my format of chapter rotations. 

I started writing the prologue and this is what I have so far: 

Weeks of planning.  That’s what it had taken to plan the battle that was going to seal the fate of the Delacroixes.  The Court of Exiles had been courting the end of the First Son’s War for months.  Every time they came close, the Delacroixes danced just out of the Silvers reach.  It had given Marius more than one gray hair and various sleepless nights. 
            If it had only been the war that had kept the King of Exiles from sleeping, Marius might not have been so anxious.  As it were, Marius was running out of heirs to his throne.  He had watched along side his wife as his children were taken into Krie’s Shade.  Only one child remained and he was as uninterested in politics as it was possible to be. 
            Aubrey was the youngest of Marius’s triplet sons and the second to last of the six Silver children.


So, yeah.  This is what I have.  I don't know if it's exactly what I want it to be, but it's a start.  Let me know what you think.  We'll call this a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment